Social Media Training
"If you build it, they will come." While that line from Field of Dreams might work with baseball diamonds in Iowa, it doesn't hold true for social media. Just because you have a Facebook page or a Twitter account doesn't entitle your business to an audience that wants to engage with you.
There's a lot of conflicting information out there about how to use social media for your business. In this customized training session, Warren will show you and your staff how to go from 'existing' on social media to actually 'engaging' with your most important audiences.
In March of 2010, Warren started a social media campaign to get former NHL coach Pat Burns into the Hockey Hall of Fame before he died of cancer. In a matter of just over two weeks, the campaign gathered more than 72,000 followers and generated more than $2 million in media coverage from across North America. Warren is a frequent speaker on the topic of getting better social media engagement. And he has advised a long list of companies and associations to help them to increase engagement with their key audiences using social media.
While the specific agenda is customized based on the needs, experience level and industry/sector of the particular client, the typical social media training session will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the key performance indicators (KPIs) that matter to your organization,
- The power of listening on social (and how to do it effectively),
- Tips for using images and videos like the pros,
- Determining which channels are right for your business,
- How to create custom content for each channel,
- Storytelling techniques to take your content from boring to interesting,
- Before & after visual examples of how posts from your own business (or businesses in your industry) could have been more effective and impactful,
- The right way to leverage partners and influencers,
- The single most powerful advertising tactics on Facebook and LinkedIn that you're probably not using,
- How to use Snapchat custom geofilters for your events,
- And more.
*Session content can be customized to accommodate any specific requirements or learning objectives.
Here are a few quick samples of Warren speaking about increasing social media engagement to an audience of about 100 at the CSAE Trillium Summer Summit in Collingwood in July 2016.